OBESEUS - A new type of DDOS protector

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 02:05:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<ops.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's right M.Fortaine .. and your model does not, as yet, appear to
> address what you term as EDoS and what the general security community
> calls "DDoS"

eh.. I guess I'm splitting hairs. the goal of 100k bots sending 1
query per second to a service that you know can only sustain 50k
queries/second is.. not to economically Dos someone, it's to
obliterate their service infrastructure.

Sure, you could ALSO target something hosted (for instance) at
Amazon-AWS and increase costs by making lots and lots and lots of
queries, but that wasn't the point of what Deepak wrote, nor what i
corrected.

-chris