10GBase-t switch

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Mar 15 23:30:38 UTC 2010

Anyone know what the buffer depth is on the Brocade TurboIron 24x?  One
thing to keep in mind is that neither the Arista nor the Brocade
TurboIron are store and forward, they are both "cut through" switches
which means they use less buffering for a given amount of traffic.
Basically, a packet is already going out the egress interface before it
is even completely received on the ingress interface.

I have them (TI24X) in production and they work ok. They are lacking
some features of the larger switches, though.  No MRP or stp-group
stuff.  But they are a decent switch for the price.

George