YouTube AS36561 began announcing 1.0.0.0/8

Nathan nathan at stonekitty.net
Fri Mar 12 21:46:11 UTC 2010

There are sizable chunks that are fairly quiet (un-interesting
numbers, luck of the draw, etc).  Given that its mostly
mis-configurations, laziness, ignorance, or poor planning... I suspect
the worst ranges will need to be sacrificed, and the remaining 80-90%
of the space used for legitimate allocations.  Unfortunately, anyone
who accepts allocations in 1.x will need to be aware that they will
have a slightly lower quality address-space.  Accepting 1.1.1.0/24,
for example, will land you with a continuous 50mbps of junk...
seemingly forever... and a respectable chance that some percentage of
the net will never reach you, due to their own misconfigurations.

,N