Comcast Metro Ethernet

Will Clayton w.d.clayton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 19:22:48 UTC 2010

Comcasts Metro-E products are pretty stable. The topology of those networks
is fault tolerant with geographically diverse entry to the fabric for a
given premises are usually available. The non-PtP connections you are
referring to would be called Direct Internet Access, or DIA, but might have
another name depending on the market.

I worked on some of the Metro-E early on in Houston and can say these
networks are composed of very high end hardware with only the most stable
firmware loaded, and taken care of by some of the most capable people in the
industry. The networks are monitored in real time for outages, and getting
very straightforward RFOs and ETAs never seems to be a problem.

There you go!