Call for papers: ISP-10, USA, July 2010

David Andersen dga at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 12 18:33:39 UTC 2010

On Mar 12, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:26:14PM -0500, James Heralds wrote:
>> It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with
>> your colleagues, students and individuals whose research is in information
>> security, cryptography, privacy, and related areas.
>>
>> Call for papers: ISP-10, USA, July 2010
>
> This is a scam "conference".  The spammers behind it have
> been hitting Usenet newsgroups for some time and are now targeting
> [many] mailing lists.  I'm looking into it along with a few other
> people and we will eventually be putting out something reasonably
> coherent and complete about it, but in the meantime, I recommend
> blacklisting this spammer's email address.

Another option, if you have 3 minutes of spare time, why not send them a submission?  A very special submission.  One you might even enjoy reading yourself:

"SCIgen - An Automatic CS Paper Generator"

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

Of course, you could also send them a different paper (title has words you might not want displayed in large fonts on a monitor in public):

http://www.scs.stanford.edu/~dm/home/papers/remove.pdf

  -Dave, who dislikes spam conferences as much as the next guy.