10GBase-t switch

Greg Whynott Greg.Whynott at oicr.on.ca
Thu Mar 11 18:43:21 UTC 2010

I will likely never buy or recommend  Foundry equipment again.   In a previous gig,  a HPC enviorment,  they caused us many problems,  support was horrible, and thier 10Gbit kit was the pits when it was first released (no idea how it is now or what they offer,  its been 5 years since.  burnt once, twice shy).   We replaced most all our Foundry L2 gear with HP 8212s which met our expectations.

Brocade is the king of license gouging,  it is no surprise they want money to view a pdf.

Force10 and Extreme are both having sales this month on 24 port 10Gbit switches,  $20k off almost.

-g