Need advise for a linux firewall

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:07:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM, gordon b slater <gordslater at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 09:01 -0800, Marty Anstey wrote:
>
>> +1 for pfsense. I've been running it for over 18 months with no problems
>> whatsoever. It does everything I needed it to do, and quite a bit more.
>

> actually, reading back on the nanog list for a few plays (playing
> catch-up here) pfsense would have made a good contender for the "best
> VPN appliance thread :)
>
> Gord
>
> --
> ALERT: kitchen-sensor-03 reports over-temp

I use PFsense 1.2.3 in my office environment with 4 nics, 2 100 mbit
and 2 gigabit.  I have different network segments and all are sharing
the same internet connection.  It works great and has been online
since we moved into this new office a month ago.  I also use it as a
VPN end point for when I need to troubleshoot our network and I am out
and about.  It is great and can also do other office type
filtering/monitoring.  It has Squid plugins, IMSPector plugins and it
also can do tcpdumps (very useful IMHO)

Ronald Cotoni