Wireless Ethernet bridge

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Thu Mar 11 17:01:29 UTC 2010

We love the PTP600 platform and it works very well for our needs - as
good as any path profile has shown us.

Depending on the height of the tower, you can handoff via copper or via
multimode fiber (someone said it doesn't do multimode, we do it all the
time with their "fiber kits" from Motorola).  In all of our installs we
use multimode and if the tower is short enough use cat5 as a backup
connection.  I'm not 100% on the MTU size but I'm pretty sure it
supports at least "mini-jumbo".  We are going to be pushing MPLS type
traffic carrying VPLS paths across PTP600's this year and when we looked
at any challenges we didn't find any on the surface....

Paul