IP4 Space

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Mar 10 22:41:20 UTC 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Jens Link wrote:

> Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> writes:
>
>> I spend much of my time talking to groups of people about this.  I
>> have managed to get several members of such groups from denial to
>> bargaining and sometimes eve depression in a single session.
>
> I did several presentations about IPv6 basics myself and there was very
> positive feedback but those people had already in interest in IPv6.

In some cases, yes. I've given a few presentations to audiences that
started out downright hostile to IPv6 and many to audiences who
were asking questions like "Can't we just use LSN?".

> I always quote an admin form a big German university: "We'll start with
> IPv6 in 13 years. It's when my colleague retires."

ROFL... Yep... I'm sure that will apply in several cases, but, there
are places where I do see minds changing.

Owen