IP4 Space

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Wed Mar 10 22:26:34 UTC 2010

Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> writes:

> I spend much of my time talking to groups of people about this.  I
> have managed to get several members of such groups from denial to
> bargaining and sometimes eve depression in a single session.

I did several presentations about IPv6 basics myself and there was very
positive feedback but those people had already in interest in IPv6.

I always quote an admin form a big German university: "We'll start with
IPv6 in 13 years. It's when my colleague retires."

> On rare occasion, acceptance even starts to set in.

Thats true. I did one presentation, had a two hour train ride
with someone from the audience and a couple of days later I got an
email from him that his company network is running IPv6.

But this is one person from a couple of hundred.

> I think it is getting better and continuing to talk about it will help.

Thats also true and I'm looking forward to this weekend when I once again
will try to tell people why they should learn IPv6 now.

Jens