IPv6 enabled carriers?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Mar 10 19:19:19 UTC 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 2:00 PM, Charles Mills wrote:

> Does anyone have a list of carriers who are IPv6 capable today?
>
> I would assume this would be rolled out in larger cities first but
> anything outside of "testbed environments" and "trials" as in
> Comcast's recent announcement seems to be all that is available.
>
> I'm being tasked with coming up with an IPv6 migration plan for a data center.
>
> Mostly interested in if ATT, Level3, GLBX, Saavis, Verizon Business
> and Qwest are capable as those are the typical ones I deal with.

I believe most of the ones you've listed have service offerings in various stages of availability.

You should be able to pop over here:

telnet route-views.equinix.routeviews.org

and take a look at the table easily enough to determine what providers have it enabled.  Some have been operating with a different ASN for a number of years, including ATT and Sprint.

If you're not feeding route-views, and are IPv6 enabled, please do.  It helps those interested in routing research and is a valuable community asset.

- Jared