T1 aggregation and data center gateways

Michael K. Smith mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Mar 10 01:23:34 UTC 2010

Hi Tim:

On 3/9/10 5:00 PM, "Tim Sanderson" <tims at donet.com> wrote:

> Currently have T1 aggregation on some Cisco 7206VXR routers. Core switches and
> data center gateways on a couple of Cisco 6509's. Looking for a model that
> could collapse both functions into just two devices, one being for hardware
> redundancy. Any recommendations on a good L3 switch that is also a good T1
> aggregation device? Anyone have any experience with the newer Cisco stuff like
> the ASR 1000/7600/CRS-1?
>
> Tim Sanderson

You might want to post this over to cisco-nsp because there are lots of
options depending upon your configuration.  If you're looking at port
density it seems to me you would want your router/switch to have the biggest
mux ports possible.  So, you could look at OC-3 or even higher in the router
platforms.  You can get up to an OC-12 channelized, but it all depends upon
your configuration.

Regards,

Mike