Problem from Comcast Network to The Planet

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Fri Mar 5 23:40:45 UTC 2010

On Mar 5, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Zachary Frederick wrote:

> We have been having a problem emailing to a customer whose server is hosted by The Planet (http://www.theplanet.com/). Our mail server is hosted in-house on a comcast business connection.

I don't know what's going on in the Comcast network, but I've been having similar fits with a single IP address in my network.  Comcast can get to nearby IP addresses in the same /24 no issue.  The Comcast customer in my case is in Florida, and I get to them via TWTelecom.

I know it's not my net, and TWT was very helpful and knows it's not their net.

Attempts to get Comcast to look into it seem to end with them pinging their customer's IP address from the Comcast support center and terminating the call "since they can reach them."

--Chris