Bell canada CIDR

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:44:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Greg Whynott <Greg.Whynott at oicr.on.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We received a /21 from ARIN a year or so ago which we have been using.  At the time I noticed Bell was advertising a longer
> CIDR which included ours.  I contacted Bell, they said it would be corrected,  multiple times.

shorter cidr.... less specific route. it shouldn't matter, unless
someone filters the more specific...it's not nice of them, for sure.

> Who I might contact to have this resolved?

> Thanks for your time,
> greg
>

> AS11628
> ipcalc 206.108.120.0/21
> =>
> Network:   206.108.120.0/21
> HostMin:   206.108.120.1
> HostMax:   206.108.127.254
>

> AS577
> ipcalc 206.108.96.0/19
> =>

NetRange:   206.108.96.0 - 206.108.111.255
CIDR:       206.108.96.0/20
NetName:    BELLADVCOM-2BLK
NetHandle:  NET-206-108-96-0-1

looks like they flubbed their static route :( There are more than a
few bell.ca folks who read nanog...

-chris