IP4 Space

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Mar 5 03:26:57 UTC 2010

On 2010.03.04 16:53, William Herrin wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Stan Barber <sob at academ.com> wrote:
>>> On Mar 4, 2010, at 1:30 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> Because we expect far fewer end users to multihome tomorrow than do today?
>>
>> I would suggest that the ratio of folks that will multihome under IPv6
>> versus those that won't will get smaller. I base that on an assumption that
>> NAT (as we know it today) will be less prevalent as IPv6 usage grows.
>
> Alrighty then...

heh.

Stan, you've got things backwards, no matter which direction you are
looking at things from. I'm thinking that you may have written the
sentence incorrectly.

It's unfortunate, but it is reality.

Have you reviewed your RIR policy lately? v6 will be flying out the
window soon, and your local RIR may be assigning PI space like candy.

Welcome IPv6.

Steve