Spamcop Blocks Facebook?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 23:50:46 UTC 2010

On 3/4/2010 3:14 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:35:47 EST, Dean Anderson said:
>> <lots of whining about "it's not a DDoS/spam"> elided.
>
> My To: list:
>
> To: jim deleskie <deleskie at gmail.com> Cc: nanog at nanog.org
>
> Your To: list:
>
> To: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu, Shon Elliott <shon at unwiredbb.com>, Adam
> Stasiniewicz <adam at adamstas.com>, Reed Loden <reed at reedloden.com>,
> Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net>, jim deleskie
> <deleskie at gmail.com>, Matthew Dodd <mdodd at doddserver.com>,
> Benjamin Billon<bbillon-ml at splio.fr>, Bob Poortinga
> <bobp+nanog at webster.tsc.com>, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us>,
> Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org>, "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb at byrneit.net>,
> Michelle Sullivan <matthew at sorbs.net>, Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net>,
> Larry Sheldon<LarrySheldon at cox.net> Cc: nanog at nanog.org, Betty Burke
> <bburke at merit.edu>
>
> And you *know* the cc: to nanog won't work.  Sending mail to places
> you *know* don't want it is the trademark of a spammer.  No wonder
> you whine so much about "it's not a DDoS/spam".

Now I am really confused.  When I said "Reply to all" ("reply to list"
didn't light, because it turns out the list name was not in the bunch
any place, so I deleted all the CC:s and added a "To: ".

My usual practice is to delete all the To:s and Cc:s, leaving only the
CC: nanog at nanog.org which seems to work fine.

It would be nice if people would just reply to the list and leave all
the CC;s from prior list traffic off.

> Congrats.  Only one or two people manage to exceed my legendary
> patience and earn a personal entry in my procmailrc pointing to
> /dev/null.  Have a nice day.

I'm surprised that I haven't been admonished--I have never been allowed
to talk about operational stuff this long before.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs