Ubiquti NanobridgeM

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Mar 4 18:52:10 UTC 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Todd Mueller wrote:

> Anyone have any real-world experience with Ubiquti's MIMO PTP equipment?
> We're looking to shoot data at distances of a few hundred feet up to 2-3
> miles. Reliability? Latency? Other issues? Any feedback is appreciated.
>
> http://www.ubnt.com/nanobridge
>
> Thanks!
>
> Todd

The newer equipment has not been released yet (the stuff that supports MCS-15 speeds).

I have some NB-5G22 on-order and am waiting for it to ship.  The suppliers should receive shipment later this month with early Apr availability.  It seems to be in high demand.

If you want anything faster than 50Mb/s SIMPLEX, you need one of the systems with the 400mhz processor.  I've found this to be a limit in my lab environment.

(tested w/ iperf both tcp/udp multiple streams, etc..)

I do wish they had some better marking capabilities, so I could ask them to honor tos/qos generically.

You have to play with the settings to get the best performance..

(I was just outside finishing the conduit/wiring et all for the termination).

- Jared