Alaska IXP?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Mar 4 13:13:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Antonio Querubin wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Sean Donelan wrote:
>
>> Are there any common locations in Alaska where multiple local ISPs exchange
>> traffic, either transit or peering?  Or is Seattle the closest exchange
>> point for Alaska ISPs?
>
> peeringdb.com lists only SIX (in Seattle) and PAIX Seattle.

Thanks and also thanks to the other folks that replied privately.  That
matches basically what I had found, but I wanted to check.

Transit is also ok, I'm doing the usual minimum connections/maximum
communications in case of (earthquake, volcano, tsunomi, etc) math.  Is
there someplace in Anchorage that buying transit or peering from one or a
few ISPs is significant enough, or is it going back to Seattle anyway and
the local ISPs already have done the math.