Alaska IXP?

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Thu Mar 4 03:38:45 UTC 2010

 	Hello All ,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Bill Woodcock wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2010, at 3:13 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:
>> Are there any common locations in Alaska where multiple local ISPs exchange traffic, either transit or peering?  Or is Seattle the closest exchange point for Alaska ISPs?
>
> PCH doesn't know of any.  If any exist, we'd very much like to hear about it.  Vancouver BC may technically be closer than Seattle, but that's not a significant answer.
>
>                                -Bill
 	Having done a little poking around on this subject for the last 1.5
Years .  I have not seen a single instance of routing NOT going to Seattle from
either of the Eye's based networks (ACS/GCI) to any other network based in
alaska ,  Except through private interconnects .

 	Take with grain of salt , ...

 		Hth ,  JimL
| James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
| Network&System Engineer | 3237     Holden Road |  Give me Linux  |
| babydr at baby-dragons.com | Fairbanks, AK. 99709 |   only  on  AXP |