[members-discuss] Re: RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group (fwd)

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Mon Mar 1 19:12:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Adam Waite wrote:

>> Not since 1992......what you're looking for these days is NIPRnet and SIPRnet, and ESnet, etc, etc, etc.

> Um, actually, I would say that in all of those cases, including ARPANET when it existed, you are
> dealing with a government sponsored network rather than a government run network.
>
> Generally, in each of those cases, the government provides some or all of the money to keep
> the network going, but, has very little to do with dictating policy or operational aspects of the
> network.

I think DISA and DoD would argue about that claim with regard to NIPRNet
and SIPRNet :)

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net

----
If you don't want to receive mails from the RIPE NCC Members Discuss list, please log in to your LIR Portal account at: http://lirportal.ripe.net/
First click on General and then click on Edit.
At the bottom of the Page you can add or remove addresses.