[members-discuss] Re: RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group (fwd)

Ron Broersma ron at nosc.mil
Mon Mar 1 17:49:50 UTC 2010

On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:42:15 +0100, Arjan van der Oest said:
>
>>> (considering the fact that governments themselves are not capable of
>>> running anything but a gray-cheese-with-a-dial telephone network
>>
>> Hm, I was under the impression that ARPANET was a government run
>> network...
>
> And let's face it - the Arpa/Milnet was a test network, not a production
> network.

It may have started as a research network, but was very much used for production activities by late 70's and early 80's.

--Ron
(Site coordinator for Arpanet IMP #3)

----
If you don't want to receive mails from the RIPE NCC Members Discuss list, please log in to your LIR Portal account at: http://lirportal.ripe.net/
First click on General and then click on Edit.
At the bottom of the Page you can add or remove addresses.