Penetration test vendors

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Jun 28 15:01:37 UTC 2010

I would like to thank everyone who provided their recommendations both
on and off list.  There was a lot of off-list response but not exactly
what I had expected to see.  I had expected to see a lot of different
vendors but also expected to see a couple that several would recommend.
That really didn't happen.  Practically every single suggestion was a
different vendor.  There was one vendor that got multiple
recommendations but it was also the only vendor that multiple people
recommended avoiding.  In fact, it was the only vendor that anyone
recommended to avoid.

As I now have a list of many vendors that I didn't know existed, I will
sort through the mail later today or tomorrow and consolidate the list.

The lesson seems to be that everyone seems to have someone different
that they trust to test their network and that a more in-depth look at
the recommendations is in order.

Thanks again, everyone.

George