Recommendation in Australia for ISPs to force user security?

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Tue Jun 22 22:50:17 UTC 2010

Joel Jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> writes:

> not sure how they propose to enforce that, instrumentation approaches
> that look inside the home gateway have a non-trivial falsh positive rate
> and you've got a lot more hosts than ip addresses.

Well you force your users to install some software to control that you
have a current anti virus and a firewall in place. This software will
only run for certain versions of Windows and will have quite a lot of
CVE entrys.

I will never get access to such a network. I don't use anti virus and I
don't have a firewall on my Laptop (by default I'm only running sshd and
if I need a (t)ftpd I start it manually).

Jens