Advice regarding Cisco/Juniper/HP

James Braid jamesb at loreland.org
Fri Jun 18 17:56:50 UTC 2010

On 17/06/10 20:02, Carl Rosevear wrote:
> The main problem with HP switches and their 'free software upgrades'
> is that there are regularly bugs and regressions in the software and
> their solution is to have you 'oh just update the software'...  this
> is not always practical in a production environment.

This has been our experience too. It's nice having "free support" and
"free software upgrades" but when their support consists of "upgrade to
this latest unreleased firmware and hope it fixes your problems", I'd
rather be paying a vendor for support... that said I think the 5412's
are OK for edge switches.