Customer Interface Reporting / Portal

Carlos Vicente cvicente at network-services.uoregon.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:59:28 UTC 2010

Serge Vautour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are people using to provide customer interface usage reports to customers? There seems to be lots of RRD based tools that can gather the data and store it for long term viewing. We use ZenOSS for internal purposes for example.
>
> How do we go about providing each customer access to their data in a secure way? A portal type access. Is anyone aware of a tool that includes a front end that can partition the data on a per customer basis? Each customer would have their own login ID and only see their data? How do we link the data to that customer? Some customer ID on the interface description?
>
> Thanks,
> Serge

Cacti provides some of that functionality.

http://www.cacti.net/features.php

User Management

# User based management allows administrators to create users and assign
different levels of permissions to the cacti interface.
# Permissions can be specified per-graph for each user, making cacti
suitable for co location situations.
# Each user can keep their own graph settings for varying viewing preferences.

cv

Carlos Vicente                  Tel    :  +1(541) 346-1763
Network Engineer                Fax    :  +1(541) 346-4397
Information Services            PGP ID :  8623D99C
1212 University of Oregon
Eugene,OR  97403-1205