Future of WiMax

Holmes,David A dholmes at mwdh2o.com
Thu Jun 17 17:16:27 UTC 2010

For business purposes such as fixed wireless access for small branch
offices, it would seem that Wi-Max is superior to current GSM and CDMA
proprietary networks in that the upload/download speeds are symmetric.
It appears that GSM and CDMA networks are based on the asymmetric low
upload bandwidth/high download bandwidth model, thus placing severe
restrictions on business use for fixed locations.