Large number of IPv6 bogons with spoofed ASpath

William F. Maton Sotomayor wmaton at ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca
Sat Jun 12 18:09:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Andree Toonk wrote:

> Hi List
>
> Yesterday I noticed a large number of 'bogon' IPv6 announcement.
> I think it was about a 100 different (IPv6) bogon prefixes [1] [2] being
> announced from a what looks a variety of origin ASns.

I have seen 1000::/32 come in once and a while, but I've noticed that it's
hard to catch from where this is coming from.  But I've not seen the
others.

But it does point to the larger lesson that just because it is IPv6, it
doesn't mean that prefix-fiters (and other tools) aren't required like in
IPv4.

wfms