Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 21:05:06 UTC 2010

On 6/9/2010 15:56, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2010, at 8:26 AM, Brielle Bruns wrote:
>
>> On 6/9/10 6:27 AM, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>>> Going back then to a previous question, do we want more/any regulation ?
>>
>> Laws and regulation exist because people can't behave civilly and be expected to respect the rights/boundries/property others.
>>
>> CAN-SPAM exists because the e-mail marketing business refused to self regulate and respect the wishes of consumers/administrators
>>
> Which is good, because it certainly eliminated most of the SPAM. -- NOT!

It is actually an outstanding example of something of something I spoke
of here earlier.

Without any exception that I know of, regulations are written to protect
the entrenched.  CAN-SPAM was written to protect spammers, not to
prevent anything important to them.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca