ISP Responsibilities [WAS: Re: Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers]

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Wed Jun 9 21:01:23 UTC 2010

On June 9, 2010 at 07:39 jmamodio at gmail.com (Jorge Amodio) wrote:
 > > 1. Should ISPs be responsible for abuse from within their customer base?
 >
 > Not sure, ISPs role is just to move packets from A to B, you need to
 > clearly define what constitutes abuse and how much of it is considered
 > a crime.
 >
 > If I call your home every five minutes to harass you over the phone is
 > AT&T responsible ?

Actually, that might be in their purview.

The example I would use is if someone called you to sell you swamp
land in Florida or otherwise try to swindle you is that the phone
company's responsibility, to ensure the honesty of all phone
transactions?

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada