Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Jim Templin jimtempl at att.net
Tue Jun 8 23:48:44 UTC 2010

Have no fear geolocation is here, you are not in peril.  It will be a
surgical strike.  If Google and others are willing to assist, they will know
exactly where to send the JDAM.

Chrome now collects data from your wireless card if you let it. When you are
asked where you are, Chrome then also records any IP and MACs it hears over
your card (or so I am told).  The same is being done on cell phone OS.
Being on a GRE tunnel will make no difference.

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=142065&hl=en

http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2008/10/introducing-gears-geolocatio
n-api-for.html

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-20006342-265.html

Here is one commercial application of this process.

http://www.skyhookwireless.com

Cowering under my desk,
Jim