Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Tue Jun 8 21:15:13 UTC 2010

On 6/8/10 3:08 PM, Peter Boone wrote:
> So let's say a cyber-attack originates from Chinese script kiddie.
>
> Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark,
> Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia,
> Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
> Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States
> will all respond by invading China? Is NATO trying to start a war here?
>
> There's no mention in the article about any kind of electronic response to
> the attack.

Of course, their reasoning seems to be that theres no possible way an
attack could be from Russia, but using a open proxy, relay, etc in
China.  Its not like an IP is guaranteed to be directly controlled by
someone in that country.

So, we end up invading China, and while all of our troops are there,
Russia comes in and takes over the US or the EU without much effort.

Note i'm just using Russia and China in examples here, no specific
reason that it could only be them.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they let Bush write their policies.
--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org