Strange practices?

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Mon Jun 7 22:38:00 UTC 2010

On 2010.06.07 17:59, Murphy, Jay, DOH wrote:

> "So if the enterprise loses connectivity to one of these two providers, does the provider without working connectivity to the enterprise have mechanism in place to cease originating the address space?"
>

> Yes, BGP updates.

...again, I'm confused.

BGP updates from where to where? From how I understand the OP's original
question, there is no BGP.

Hence, if one of the providers is statically routing the prefix to an
interface or un-numbered as opposed to an IP address, then blackholing
can occur if IP reachability is broken, but the link-layer is not. Is
this not correct?

Steve