Strange practices?

deleskie at gmail.com deleskie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 20:52:40 UTC 2010

Should work fine.
------Original Message------
From: Dale Cornman
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Strange practices?
Sent: Jun 7, 2010 5:50 PM

Has anyone ever heard of a multi-homed enterprise not running bgp with
either of 2 providers, but instead, each provider statically routes a block
to their common customer and also each originates this block in BGP?   One
of the ISP's in this case owns the block and has even provided a letter of
authorization to the other, allowing them to announce it in BGP as well.
  I had personally never heard of this and am curious if this is a common
practice as well as if this would potentially create any problems by 2
Autonomous Systems both originating the same prefix.

Thanks

-Bill