AS 7575 announcing 2400::/12

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Fri Jun 4 02:31:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

As part of some ongoing collaborative research work in looking at the "dark" traffic in IPv6, APNIC has requested AARNet to originate a supernet advertisement of the IPv6 prefix 2400::/12 for the next two weeks. The originating AS is AS7575. We would appreciate it if you could adjust your routing filters to permit this advertisement if you are actively filtering IPv6 routing advertisements.

Reports from previous  work in the IPv4 space can be found at http://www.potaroo.net/studies/ - we hope to add to this with a report describing data collected about the level (and type) of background traffic seen in this part of IPv6.

We would also be grateful if other operational lists received this notification - so please forward this as appropriate (but preferably only once!)

Many thanks,

   Geoff Huston, George Michaelson
   APNIC