IPv4 Anycast Resoure Recommendations

Gabriel Somlo gsomlo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 19:10:21 UTC 2010

If you're interested in looking at it from a campus/enterprise point
of view, we recently reworked our DNS/Anycast setup, and here are the
deployment notes:

	http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~somlo/DNS.html

(you can stop reading at section 4, where it gets into the specifics
of our homebrew IPAM system). In a nutshell, we're using the "ip sla"
feature on our Cisco boxes to conditionally announce host routes for
the published anycast IPs from several places in our network
(subsection 2.4 in the document).

HTH,
--Gabriel