IP Address Management Tool

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue Jun 1 17:38:22 UTC 2010

On 6/1/10 9:22 AM, Justin Wilson wrote:
>     He has since reversed that stance and they are working on IPV6 support,
> at least that is what I read somewhere.  I don¹t blame the guy really.  If
> people want a feature they should pony up a little money.  Otherwise it is
> free software with no implied support.

I feel that IPv6 should be a minimum requirement. At the time the author
felt it should be an advanced paid-for feature. I treat commercial
vendors the same way: no IPv6, no sale. That nastygram made me not want
to donate (money or code) to IPplan. One shouldn't get into open source
expecting money.

The world moves forward and what is seen as a minimum requirement is
eventually going to move with it.

~Seth