Monitoring tools for IPv6 tools

Patrick Darden darden at armc.org
Fri Jul 30 12:21:28 UTC 2010

I think he was looking for something more in the nature of network
monitoring/analysis systems that support IPv6, like NTOP.

ntop has been ported to ipv6--although I am unsure of the results.
http://www.ntop.org/trac/wiki/ntop
cold is a snffer/analyzer with ipv6 support.
http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/6bone/2000-August/003161.html
wireshark is a fantastic sniffer/analyzer, and it supports ipv6.
http://wiki.wireshark.org/
snoop comes with Solaris 10, and it supports ipv6.
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4554/gexky?a=view
tracepath6 and traceroute6 come with the iptraf package for linux.
ethereal has a non-commercial version.  http://www.ethereal.com/
iperf lets you simply monitor ipv6 tcp/udp performance.
http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/Iperf/
mtr uses traceroute and ping, http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/
nagios is a host/server/service monitoring tool. http://www.nagios.org/
weathermap creates a visual network diagram showing health.
http://netmon.grnet.gr/weathermap/

Is this what you wanted?
--p