Monitoring tools for IPv6 tools

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Fri Jul 30 09:45:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

> I am looking for monitoring tools that already have support to IPv6. I
> am looking for both freeware and commercial tools.
>
> Please, do you know what network management system are already
> supporting IPv6 ?

we keep the list in the "LIR Handbook" (page #64)
http://www.ripe.net/training/material/LIR-Training-Course/LIR-Handbook.pdf

here is a list of some of the "free" (and/or open source) tools:

# IPAT (IP Allocation Tool)   http://nethead.de/index.php/ipat
# NetDot     https://netdot.uoregon.edu/trac/
# HaCi     http://sourceforge.net/projects/haci/
# FreeIPdb      http://home.globalcrossing.net/~freeipdb/
# Infoblox IPAM Freeware
http://www.infoblox.com/services/infoblox-ipam-freeware.cfm

Following tools do not support IPv6 yet, but is in the list of planned
features:
IPplan http://iptrack.sourceforge.net/
TIPP http://tipp.tobez.org/ & http://github.com/tobez/tipp
ONA (OpenNetAdmin) http://opennetadmin.com/

Commercial IP Address Management (IPAM) Tools with IPv6 support
In alphabetic order:

Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP DNS/DHCP IP Management Software & Appliance
Bluecat Networks / Proteus Enterprise IPAM Appliance
BT Diamond IP - IPControl(TM) Sapphyre Appliances
BT Diamond – IPControl(TM) Software
Crypton UK - EasyIP(TM)
Incognito / Address Commander(TM)
Infoblox IPAM Express™ Solution
Internet Associates IPal
Men & Mice Suite: IPAM management module
Nixu NameSurfer Suite

Other related commercial products that also support IPv6:

EMC Ionix IPv6 Availability Manager
NetCracker (Operational Support Systems or OSS) tool
OPNET IT Guru (R) Network Planner

These lists are for information purposes only and are not necessarily
complete. RIPE NCC does not recommend any of them.

There will be an article on RIPE Labs soon covering this in more detail...

http://labs.ripe.net

Regards,
Vesna Manojlovic
RIPE NCC Trainer