Addressing plan exercise for our IPv6 course

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Thu Jul 29 17:32:57 UTC 2010

> Why waste valuable people's time to conserve nearly valueless
> renewable resources?

See my earlier comments on "upsell" and "control".  While you have some ISPs starting from the mentality that gives us "accepting incoming connections is a chargeable extra", they're also going to be convinced that there's a revenue opportunity in segmenting customers who want N of some resource from those who want 2N, 4N, ...  That the resource in question is, for all practical purposes, both free and infinite (cue someone with a 'tragedy of the commons' analysis) does not factor - if they want more, they must pay more!

Regards,
Tim.