Web expert on his 'catastrophe' key for the internet

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:20:51 UTC 2010

> Obviously you have approximately zero understanding of the crypto community.
> They tend to be the most paranoid people out there - and the *only* way to get
> acceptance of a signed root was to make sure that ICANN is *not* in posession
> of enough keying material to sign a key by itself.  In addition, the owners of
> keys need to be publicly known, to avoid allegations of "ICANN and a bunch
> of unnamed people not associated with them. Honest - trust us".

Also, these famous guys selected as part of the TCR group where the
number is not actually seven, don't even have enough material to sign
anything by themselves.

The RKSH or Recovery Key Share Holder just holds in a tamper evident
bag, a smart card with part of the key used to encrypt the backup
copies of the HSM (Hardware Security Module).

I'd love to see how they can "restart the world wide web" with that ...

Cheers
Jorge