Web expert on his 'catastrophe' key for the internet

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Wed Jul 28 09:24:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 10:33 +0200, Elmar K. Bins wrote:

> One, I do not see the operational relevance of this "news".

The real problem is that articles like this DO get considerable
attention in the UK - a place where "the internet" has yet to gain true
understanding and recognition as a national business and government
asset in the eyes of the general consumer populace and their
politicians.
Stories written like this still have a "wow" factor, both with the
unconnected and the great unwashed customers in general.

> Second, people cult is just not the hype anymore

Rest assured, none of the intended viewers know or care who the
dungeon-master is :) All they care about is their "MSN" working.
They have to depict someone doing something, and ascii-armored printout
is far too confusing for the folks to comprehend.

Gord
--
You have been eaten by a grue