I slogged through it so you don't have to -- ICANN Vertical Integration WG for dummies

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Tue Jul 27 00:22:10 UTC 2010

On 7/26/10 7:50 PM, William Pitcock wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 14:42 -0400, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
>> But I do take your point about .co/.com, and in all fairness, it is a
>> decade delayed favor returned by NeuStar to Verisign for the .bz/.biz
>> "collaborative marketing" ploy of 2001.
>
> Or eNom's .cc/.com ploy from 1999-present.  Don't you remember the
> television ad buy they did on all of the networks?  Rednecks dancing
> around playing fiddles singing about ".cc".  On the other hand, at least
> they weren't showing soft porn like GoDaddy does.

Sorry, ENOTEEVEE. I'll have to imagine my folks with fiddles singing
about a repurposed ccTLD. GoDaddy's advertising use of a NASCAR driver
is not quite a "vertical integration" issue.

Could y'all please keep up with the geezer play'n washboard or the boy
blow'n jug? Dance, sing or holl'r as you like. Thankee.

Eric