v6 bgp peer costs?

Zaid Ali zaid at zaidali.com
Wed Jul 21 19:08:10 UTC 2010

I currently have a v4 BGP session with AS 701 and recently requested a v6
BGP session to which I was told a tunnel session will be provided (Same
circuit would be better but whatever!). Towards the final stage in
discussions I was told that it will cost $1500. I find this quite ridiculous
and it will certainly not motivate people to move to v6 if providers put a
direct price tag on it. I am going through a bandwidth reseller though so I
am not sure who is trying to jack me here. Has anyone here gone through a
similar experience?

Thanks,
Zaid