While we worry about Vyatta and Bras.....

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Tue Jul 20 00:21:31 UTC 2010

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> ..in other news (that seems to have attracted little attention)...
>
> http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2010/07/73000-blogs-shu.html
>
> 73000 Internet "sites" where shutdown by somebody, for something.

"BurstNet, the Web-hosting company, informed Blogetery's operator that
service was terminated at the request of some law enforcement agency but
wouldn't say which one. As for the reason, BurstNet hasn't made that
clear either. In an e-mail to Blogetery's operator, BurstNet managers
did say that they had little choice but to terminate service."

Burstnet huh? Somehow I am not surprised.
Currently I have the below in my blocklists. Since this company
facilitates spammers and other dubious activity and doesn't look like it
hosts much legitimate content.

Maybe the shutdown was an attempt to combat spam? (yeah right!).

I suggest everyone adds these to their blocklists:

# Hostnoc/Burstnet - 31032010
64.120.128.0/17
64.191.0.0/17
66.96.192.0/18
66.197.128.0/17
96.9.128.0/18
173.212.192.0/18
184.82.0.0/16

I should add that I have personally found proof of brute force break in
attempts to a company's systems coming from at least one of those IP ranges.

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html