While we worry about Vyatta and Bras.....

Joe Hamelin joe at nethead.com
Mon Jul 19 22:36:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote:
> Seems like somebody would know who ordered it.  And were all 73000
> "sites" about making bombs?

>From TFA it was the FBI and it was one box with no back-ups.  The
hosting company decided to do the adult thing and pull the plug.   73k
'sites' may be a bit of a stretch IMHO.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20010923-261.html
"Sources close to the investigation say that included in those
materials were the names of American citizens targeted for
assassination by al-Qaeda. Messages from Osama bin Laden and other
leaders of the terrorist organization, as well as bomb-making tips,
were also allegedly found on the server. But Marr said a Burst.net
employee erred in telling Blogetery's operator and members of the
media that the FBI had ordered it to terminate Blogetery's service. He
said Burst.net did that on its own. "

Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474