Root Zone DNSSEC Deployment Technical Status Update

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jul 16 14:53:15 UTC 2010

In a message written on Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 02:35:39PM +0000, Joe Abley wrote:
> The transition from Deliberately-Unvalidatable Root Zone (DURZ) to
> production signed root zone took place on 2010-07-15 at 2050 UTC. The
> first full production signed root zone had SOA serial 2010071501. There
> have been no reported harmful effects.  The root zone trust anchor can
> be found at <https://data.iana.org/root-anchors/>.

Perhaps you could explain why the keys are being made available in
formats that, as far as I can tell, no nameserver software on the
planet uses?  Pretty much 100% of the users will need a conversion
from one of the 6 formats you provided, when you could have provided
6 example configs for the 6 most popular nameserver packages and
covered 99% of the users with cut and paste.