Vyatta as a BRAS

khatfield at socllc.net khatfield at socllc.net
Tue Jul 13 19:02:21 UTC 2010

 In that case you are entirely accurate. If you were to use Vyatta (linux-based) systems for this then you would likely need additional infrastructure to firewall or zone it to ensure it can't be hit directly.

Depending on what all it has running and the configuration it could be firewalled off locally but you're right it wouldn't withstand like 'hardware-accelerated' as stated before.

Sorry for the confusion :)