Email over v6

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Jul 8 17:38:30 UTC 2010

On 7/8/10 11:04 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Brielle Bruns wrote:
>
>> By default, at least on Debian, TLS and IPv6 (if available, even if
>> only using link local addresses) are on by default, so there's not too
>> much that needs to be done to use TLS on the SMTP side.
>
> TLS wasn't enabled on my Debian using Postfix, so I guess it depends on
> more factors than just "running Debian". IPv6 seems to be on by default,
> yes.

Exim tends to be the default installed MTA from everything i've seen,
and its TLS configuration is done as part of the split config method
they use - check /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/03_exim4-config_tlsoptions

I can't speak for anything other then what I see on default installs -
given I only use exim myself, no real experience with postfix beyond my
ISPConfig3 server.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org