Mikrotik & OC-3 Connection

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Mon Jul 5 23:18:10 UTC 2010

On 2010.07.05 17:26, Jonathon Exley wrote:
> In terms of FOSS routing platforms, I think Vyatta has a better user interface than Mikrotik.
> IMHO if the CLI is awkward then there a higher risk of misconfiguration.
> I haven't used either enough to comment about stability.

...not that I'd like to revert this to Mikrotic vs _vendor_, but *all*
Mikrotic-specific hardware that we have deployed has always accepted a
custom install of FreeBSD & Quagga, that boots directly from the same
type of media that the Mikrotic OS originally came on.

fwiw, the Quagga interface is very friendly to those who know Cisco.

Steve