Finland makes broadband access a legal right

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Fri Jul 2 14:51:13 UTC 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Holmes,David A wrote:

> Does a "... certain inventor of the Internet ..." refer to the High
> Performance and Communications Act of 1991, also known as the "Gore
> Act"? The 1991 Act, based on a study by Dr. Leonard Kleinrock
> ("Towards
> a National Research Network") created the commercial Internet that we
> know and work with today.

I don't know, but I do know that Larry Pressler was the sole sponsor
of the  Telecommunications Act of 1996, which is where E-rate came
from. This was when the Republicans controlled both houses of
Congress, and as far as I know Senator Gore had nothing to do with
this bill; he didn't even offer any amendments.

None of this is helping me configure any routers, so I am going to
shut up about this now.

Regards
Marshall